Anxiety about dental visits is quite common, and nothing to be embarrassed about. People suffer dental anxiety for many different reasons ranging from a bad childhood experience to worries about gagging during treatment. Whatever your concern, the Troy sedation dentist has the skill and training needed to provide you with a comfortable, stress-free experience.
Safe, Gentle Nitrous Oxide
For your comfort, we offer nitrous oxide, a sweet-smelling, non-irritating, colorless gas that is administered through a small mask. Nitrous oxide has been the primary means of sedation in dentistry for many years. It is safe, and our equipment is calibrated so that you receive 50 to 70 percent oxygen with no less than 30 percent nitrous oxide.
You will be able to breathe on your own and will be vaguely aware of the activity around you. In some cases, you may experience a type of temporary mild amnesia or even fall asleep. Many of our patients don’t remember what happened during their appointment with the use of nitrous oxide.
Advantages of Nitrous Oxide
- The depth of sedation can be monitored and adjusted by your dentist throughout treatment.
- There is no after effect such as drowsiness.
- Inhalation sedation is safe with no side effects on your heart and lungs, etc.
- Inhalation sedation is very effective in minimizing gagging.
- It works rapidly, in about two to three minutes its relaxation and pain killing properties develop.
Who Shouldn't Use Nitrous Oxide
We do not recommend nitrous oxide if you are pregnant or have been diagnosed with
Trust Your Care to Experience and Training
Our doctors have specialized training in delivering safe, effective sedation for our patients. We’ve helped lost of our patients reclaim healthy, beautiful teeth through relaxing sedation dentistry. Please give the Troy sedation dentist if you’re ready to overcome your anxiety and get the care you need.