Our entire team enjoys treating kids because we have the opportunity to give them a healthy, positive start with their oral health. Early dental visits for your little ones are essential, but they tend to be more about education than treatment.
The Troy, OH kids dentist knows from experience that raising kids is hard work, and nobody expects you to be an expert in their oral health care. That’s our job! During these early visits, we focus on showing you how you can ensure that your child has a healthy smile.
Teach Your Child to Brush and Floss
We will show you the best ways for you to brush and floss your child’s teeth. If you have an older child, we will include them in the conversation so that they can learn proper oral hygiene techniques. These are lessons that, when reinforced at home, will benefit your child’s oral health long into adulthood.
The Importance of Good Oral Hygiene
Good oral hygiene is essential at every age, even for children as young as a year old. Your
Even though they eventually fall out, baby teeth have a big job to do. They hold a place for the permanent teeth that are already developing in their gums. Losing a baby tooth too early because of decay can have serious effects on your child’s oral health.
Surrounding baby teeth start to shift position and drift into the space left by a missing tooth. Permanent teeth no longer have the space to grow in properly, leading to tooth misalignment and orthodontic treatment in the future.
Please Call to Schedule an Appointment
Let us help your children learn the importance of optimal oral health from a young age. Call the Troy, OH kids dentist to arrange an appointment, and we will help you make the best choices for your child's unique and precious personality.
If you suffer from an overwhelming fear of dentists and dental procedures, you know how easy it is to miss regular appointments. Dental anxiety is a very common problem and affects millions of patients. Unfortunately postponing dental treatment almost always results in the need for invasive and costly treatment in the future.
Obviously, your comfort and well-being are of great importance to the Troy, OH sedation dentist. Our goal is to support your oral health by providing painless and efficient treatments. We use state-of-the-art technology and minimally invasive procedures that reduce your time in the chair and increase your discomfort.
But these factors alone may not give you the peace of mind you’re looking for when visiting your dentist. So what can you do to help alleviate this anxiety? Feeling a loss of being in control contributes to dental phobia. Here are three practical tips to help you feel more in control during your dental appointments and hopefully reduce your stress level.
- Talk to your dentist– You may find it embarrassing to talk about your fear, but your dentist needs to be aware of your anxiety to take the necessary precautions during treatment.
- Agree on a signal – Patients are often afraid that their dentist won’t know when and if they are experiencing pain or anxiety, and this contributes to their fear. Agree to a signal with your dentist beforehand. A simple “stop” hand signal can be used to alert your dentist to your discomfort immediately.
- Ask about sedation– Sedation offers an excellent solution for many patients who would not otherwise be able to endure the treatment. Discuss the different types of sedation options available with your dentist before the appointment, so you know what to expect beforehand.
The best way to combat dental phobia, however, is to gather information beforehand. Your Troy, OH sedation dentist is always available for a consultation to discuss procedures and treatments to help you understand what your appointment will involve.
Please call our office to learn more anxiety-reducing tips!
- The Troy, OH Family Dentist Offers Custom Mouth Guards to Protect Your Child’s Teeth
- The Troy, OH Family Dentist Explains How Genetics May Put You at Higher Risk for Cavities
- The Troy Sedation Dentist Explains How Sedation Dentistry Can Improve Your Oral Health
- 3 Reasons You Should Consider Invisalign Clear Braces by the Troy, OH Cosmetic Dentist
- 3 Drinks to Avoid If You Want a Bright Smile! Shared by Troy Cosmetic Dentist
- How to Protect Your Oral Health While You’re Pregnant Explained by the Troy Family Dentist
- Tooth Decay – What It Is, How It Starts, and How You Can Prevent It by the Troy, OH Family Dentist
- The Troy, OH Family Dentistry Describes What Happens During a Dental Exam and Cleaning
- Take Control of Your Dental Anxiety with Sedation Dentistry in Troy, OH
- The Troy Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Teeth Whitening
$1 Welcome Exam or Half Price Teeth Whitening
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...
About Our Dentists
Our dentists are highly skilled and educated. They pursue continuing education with some of the leading dental clinicians in the world to enable them to provide exceptional care.