You've finally taken the plunge and had your teeth professionally whitened. They look brighter and whiter than ever and you couldn't be happier. You're brushing twice a day, flossing every day, and switching out orange juice for your morning coffee. Your teeth love you!
But a few months down the road you forget to brush your teeth one night, and then you sneak a cup of coffee at work. A week later, you notice that the brightness of your teeth is beginning to fade. You ask yourself "What's going on here? It was just one cup of coffee, and I just had my teeth whitened!"
To get a brilliantly white smile that lasts, you will need to take steps to preserve the beautiful results. With take-home whitening kits, you can maintain your smile at home, without the need for multiple trips to the dentist.
Three Easy Steps to a Whiter Smile
At the office of the Troy, OH cosmetic dentist, we often recommend at-home whitening as a follow-up for in-office treatments. Whitening at home can help improve the brightness of your smile and prevent your teeth from losing that beautiful glow.
Getting the at-home teeth whitening process started is simple:
- We’ll make an appointment for you to have impressions
takenthat will be used to fabricate custom-made whitening trays. In about a week, you’ll get the trays back and use them to apply the whitening solution to your teeth.
- During your appointment, our dentist or hygienist will give you instructions on how to use the custom whitening kit. We’ll show you how much whitening gel to put in the tray and how it is dispensed.
- After you receive your custom trays, you will apply the whitening gel for about an hour every day for two to three weeks. The results are not as fast as in-office whitening, but they can be just as dramatic - you can expect that the color of your teeth will improve by several shades.
We think ake home whitening kits are a great option! If you're interested in getting more information, please call the Troy, OH cosmetic dentist to arrange an appointment.
In dentistry, dental implants are known as the "gold standard" for tooth replacement. This is mostly due to the fact that they not only solve the esthetic problem of a missing tooth; however, the Troy, OH dental implants dentist prefers them because they also improve your oral health by promoting the growth of healthy bone in your jaw.
Dental Implants and Your Quality of Life
But can a dental implant really improve your quality of life? A recent study followed a group of implant patients, recording their ratings of variables before and after implant placement. The research showed a dramatic improvement in the patients' perceptions after the procedure compared to those recorded before.
What Does This Mean for You?
There's no doubt that trying to enjoy life when you have missing teeth can be a challenge, but you don't have to settle for a reduced quality of life. Dental implants are a long-term solution that has helped millions of people regain oral function and comfort. As you can see, the benefits extend far beyond a more attractive smile!
Deciding If an Implant is Right for You
Dental implants have been around for decades but many patients still don't understand how they work. Your first step is to call your Novato dental implants dentist to arrange a consultation.
Our doctors will perform a thorough exam and use digital imaging to determine if you are a good candidate for an implant. They'll explain the process, benefits, and timeline so you can make a confident decision. A knowledgeable member of our team will be happy to explain your insurance coverage and financial options.
Please Call the Troy, OH Dental Implants Dentist
There's a lot to know before you make a decision about implants, please call us to arrange an appointment so we can get started!
The loss of a tooth can be a devastating event in your life. Whether it’s the result of an accident or neglect, the impact is the same; your confidence suffers because you have lost a part of you that you assumed you’d have for a long time.
Beyond that, though, tooth loss also significantly your ability to eat,
But the dental implants dentist in Troy offers many options for replacing missing teeth and regaining functionality. From partial dentures to full dental implants, we can restore your smile and your life.
A bridge is a prosthetic that is designed to fill the space left by a missing tooth. An artificial tooth is suspended on either side by crowns that we attach to adjacent teeth. A bridge will restore function and conceal the empty space.
Full or Partial Dentures
Partial dentures continue to be a reliable tooth replacement option that works well for many people. We recommend partials in cases where several or all teeth are missing, and they are designed to fit in and around existing teeth.
Full dentures are recommended when most or all teeth are missing. Today we design natural-looking dentures that fit comfortably and restore much of the function lost with missing teeth.
If you’re looking for the replacement that looks, feels, and functions the most like a natural tooth, dental implants may be the perfect option. Implants are rooted in your jaw, so they offer stability and can be used for any of the above replacement methods. We can also use implants as a stand-alone tooth replacement when restored with a dental crown.
Call the Dental Implants Dentist in Troy
Dr. Mark Bentley has extensive experience in restoring dental implants with beautiful, functional restorations. If you are concerned about missing teeth, please call our Troy, OH dental office to arrange a consultation.
- Tooth Decay – What It Is, How It Starts, and How You Can Prevent It by the Troy, OH Family Dentist
- The Troy, OH Family Dentistry Describes What Happens During a Dental Exam and Cleaning
- Take Control of Your Dental Anxiety with Sedation Dentistry in Troy, OH
- The Troy Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Teeth Whitening
- 4 Reasons Why A Dental Bridge is a Good Choice Shared by the Troy Family Dentist
- Avoid These 4 Foods to Keep Your Smile Healthy During the Holidays
- What’s the Secret to Excellent Oral Health? The Troy, OH Dentist Talks About the Importance of Family Dentistry
- The Troy Cosmetic Dentist Explains a Conservative Smile Makeover Option
- The Troy, OH Family Dentist Explains How to Achieve Oral Health through Prevention
- Would You Like to Change Your Smile? Laser Gum Contouring by the Troy Cosmetic Dentist May Be the Answer!
$1 Welcome Exam or Half Price Teeth Whitening
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...
About Our Dentists
Our dentists are highly skilled and educated. They pursue continuing education with some of the leading dental clinicians in the world to enable them to provide exceptional care.