Do you brush and floss routinely, avoid sugary foods and drinks, and see your dentist for scheduled appointments but still get cavities? Do you have friends who don’t follow healthy oral habits and don’t deal with tooth decay and wonder if there’s any fairness left in the world?
Your Troy, OH family dentist understands your frustration! How is it possible to take care of your teeth and still get cavities? It turns out that your genes may be responsible.
It’s Not Just about Bacteria
Keeping your mouth free of harmful bacteria is essential if you want a healthy smile, but another significant factor is the resistance of your teeth. A study conducted by two researchers from the University of Zurich shows a definite condition between defects in the gene complex that’s responsible for the formation of tooth enamel and the rate of caries (cavities).
What This News Means for You
There’s a lot more study that needs to be conducted in this area to understand how these findings can change the way we approach oral health care. But whether or not your genetic makeup puts you at higher risk for tooth decay, there are always steps you can take:
- Make sure your oral hygiene’s up to par – Brushing and flossing for decades does not make you an expert, and if you aren’t doing it properly, you may not be getting the benefit of your efforts. Talk to your hygienist to “brush up” on your oral hygiene for the best results.
- Keep up with routine dental appointments – Prevention is the key to enjoying good oral health, making semi-annual exams and cleanings with your family dentist crucial. Decide if you’d rather take a couple of hours out of your week now or wait until you need costly and complex treatment!
- Pay attention to what you eat and drink – Certain foods, especially those high in sugar and acid, are very damaging and weaken dental enamel which can lead to cavities.
Please Call to Arrange an Appointment
Your family dentist can offer you many helpful tips for keeping your smile healthy, regardless of genetics. If you would like to learn more, please call the Troy, OH family dentist to arrange a convenient appointment.
If you are one of many patients who avoid routine dental visits, you may suffer from what is called dental anxiety. This is a very real affliction that’s familiar to all too many patients. But if you haven’t been to a dentist recently, you may not realize that with proper treatment, your dental anxiety can become a thing of the past.
We Understand Your Concerns
When you first visit the Troy sedation dentist, our first objective is to assure you that you are not alone in your feelings. When asked to describe their history with dentists, many patients relate stories of unhappy childhood experiences with a dentist.
Understanding the underlying fear and making you feel at ease with our team and your surroundings is the first step to controlling and eliminating these fears. For sedation dentistry to be effective, you should feel as if your dentist takes your needs and fears into consideration throughout the process.
Dental Sedation Options
We will discuss the sedation options that we provide for our fearful patients. Sedation treatments such as nitrous oxide and oral sedation provide an anxiety-free experience during your dental procedure.
There are many factors to take into account when choosing the best sedation option for you as everyone reacts differently. Our Troy sedation dentist will match your unique needs with the correct treatment or combination of treatments.
Delaying Treatment Puts Your Oral Health at Risk
It’s important to understand that delaying dental treatment because of your fears can lead to neglected oral care and long-term problems that would ultimately become difficult and costly to repair. But with sedation dentistry at our Novato dental office, you can be assured of a stress-free procedure that results in improved oral health and a better experience for you.
Please Call Us for an Appointment
If you would like to learn more about sedation dentistry and how it can benefit you, please call our Troy, OH dental office to arrange an appointment.
Many adults live with crooked or crowded teeth because they believe the only alternative is years of traditional orthodontic treatment with metal braces. However, today you don’t have to endure years of life with uncomfortable braces to get back the smile you were born to have.
Patients who want to straighten teeth will be pleased to know that the Troy, OH cosmetic dentist offers the option of using Invisalign clear aligners. Invisalign adult orthodontics is an effective, efficient alternative to traditional braces. Invisalign clear braces offer a more comfortable and virtually invisible method for gently straightening your teeth.
3 Reasons to Consider Invisalign
- Comfortable: Invisalign aligners are made of a soft, flexible material, so they’re much less likely to create any irritation to your mouth.
- Discreet: Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible. The casual observer will not notice any difference when you’re wearing your aligner.
- Removable: You can remove your aligners when you eat, brush your teeth, or any other time that it’s necessary.
The Invisalign Process
The Troy, OH cosmetic dentist starts by taking impressions, images, and x-rays of your mouth. A specialized software program allows us to develop your entire treatment plan and predict how your teeth will move, from start to finish.
We send the information to a lab where several sets of clear aligners are customized to straighten your smile.
We will instruct you to wear each set for about two weeks, then move on to the next in the series that has been carefully crafted to shift your teeth gently to the next stage in the straightening process. You will make visits to your cosmetic dentist about every six weeks so we can check on your progress.
Problems Invisalign Corrects
Invisalign aligners correct nearly any alignment issue you may have with your teeth. Our dentists will help you choose the appropriate Invisalign system to correct issues like the following:
- Crooked teeth
- Spaces/gaps in teeth
Orthodontic treatment with Invisalign is a perfect choice that fits your busy lifestyle while providing the straight, beautiful smile you’ve always dreamed of. Please contact our Troy, OH cosmetic dentist for more information and to start your Invisalign treatment!
- 3 Ways to Defeat Dental Anxiety Shared by the Novato, CA Sedation Dentist
- The Dental Implants Dentist in Troy, OH Shares 3 Reasons You Need to Replace Missing Teeth
- The Troy, OH Family Dentist Offers Custom Mouth Guards to Protect Your Child’s Teeth
- The Troy, OH Family Dentist Explains How Genetics May Put You at Higher Risk for Cavities
- The Troy Sedation Dentist Explains How Sedation Dentistry Can Improve Your Oral Health
- 3 Reasons You Should Consider Invisalign Clear Braces by the Troy, OH Cosmetic Dentist
- 3 Drinks to Avoid If You Want a Bright Smile! Shared by Troy Cosmetic Dentist
- How to Protect Your Oral Health While You’re Pregnant Explained by the Troy Family Dentist
- Tooth Decay – What It Is, How It Starts, and How You Can Prevent It by the Troy, OH Family Dentist
- The Troy, OH Family Dentistry Describes What Happens During a Dental Exam and Cleaning
$1 Welcome Exam or Half Price Teeth Whitening
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...
About Our Dentists
Our dentists are highly skilled and educated. They pursue continuing education with some of the leading dental clinicians in the world to enable them to provide exceptional care.