There are many different types of mouth guards that you can buy. Local sporting goods stores have every type of mouth guard you could imagine, from an array of colors to many different styles, but they also can be very pricey!
For most patients, it is better to have a custom-fit mouth guard made by professionals—like our Troy dentists—rather than relying on generic in-store options.
It is important to have a properly fitted mouth guard, no matter what age you are. No matter which sport you are playing; football, hockey, soccer, basketball, baseball, or any other sport, a properly fitted mouth guard helps keep injuries to a minimum, including concussions. When you purchase a mouth guard and fit it yourself, you run the risk of it not fitting correctly, which can lead to unnecessary injuries.
At Excellence In Dentistry, we provide a shock-resistant, custom fit mouth guard to you and or your child at no charge. Our mouth guards also come in many different colors and they are custom made for each individual sport. We value your teeth; by providing you and your children with nice quality, custom mouth guards at no charge, we are helping you prevent broken teeth, or worse serious dental injuries, down the road.
To get more information about protecting your teeth, and about our complimentary mouth guard service, feel free to give our Troy dentists a call. We are here to help you achieve, and maintain, your best smile!
Let’s face it, Trick or Treat is great fun for the kids, but not always great for their overall health. But with a little moderation and some healthy choices before you send your ghosts and goblins out for the biggest candy night of the year, you can have some control over the amount of sugar they are taking in. Keep reading to get some tips from our Troy dentists…
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced meal before sending your ghosts and goblins out for the night. This will ensure a full belly before heading out, so they are not hungry and devour a lot of candy when you return.
- Carry a water bottle with you. This ensures that your child is drinking lots of water and staying hydrated while they are running from house to house. Water also has a wonderful ability to help little bellies feel full, thus they are not as inclined to eat as much candy when you get home.
- Make up a game with their candy. Use the candy as a reward, so that you control how much and how often they are eating it. A sweet treat every now and then is not always a bad thing, when done in moderation.
- Take advantage of our Candy Buyback Program. This lets your child contribute to soldiers overseas. They can feel like it is their decision to do something great (and you won’t have to worry about the never ending stash of candy lying around until Easter)!
We would love to hear about the creative ways that you have limited the amount of Halloween candy that your kiddos consume!
Excellence in Dentistry presents our 2nd Annual Halloween Candy Buy Back Event!
Bring unopened candy in Monday, October 28 through Saturday, November 8, 2013 and we will give you $1 per pound (up to 5 pounds per person, limited to 500 pounds total)! We will also enter your name into a drawing to win an iPad! All of the candy collected will be shipped to our troops overseas.
From the staff at Excellence in Dentistry we hope that you have a safe and Happy Halloween! Feel free to give our Troy dentists a call if you have any additional questions about maintaining a stunning smile!
- Tooth Decay – What It Is, How It Starts, and How You Can Prevent It by the Troy, OH Family Dentist
- The Troy, OH Family Dentistry Describes What Happens During a Dental Exam and Cleaning
- Take Control of Your Dental Anxiety with Sedation Dentistry in Troy, OH
- The Troy Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Teeth Whitening
- 4 Reasons Why A Dental Bridge is a Good Choice Shared by the Troy Family Dentist
- Avoid These 4 Foods to Keep Your Smile Healthy During the Holidays
- What’s the Secret to Excellent Oral Health? The Troy, OH Dentist Talks About the Importance of Family Dentistry
- The Troy Cosmetic Dentist Explains a Conservative Smile Makeover Option
- The Troy, OH Family Dentist Explains How to Achieve Oral Health through Prevention
- Would You Like to Change Your Smile? Laser Gum Contouring by the Troy Cosmetic Dentist May Be the Answer!
$1 Welcome Exam or Half Price Teeth Whitening
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...
About Our Dentists
Our dentists are highly skilled and educated. They pursue continuing education with some of the leading dental clinicians in the world to enable them to provide exceptional care.