Porcelain crowns are “caps” that completely surround a tooth that has been seriously damaged or decayed. Crowns replace lost tooth structure and provide strength and protection for the natural tooth.
Using updated technology and materials, your crowns dentist in Troy creates durable, high-quality restorations that will provide you with many years of use. That’s good to know, but what are some other benefits of choosing crowns?
3 Reasons to Choose Porcelain Dental Crowns
- Crowns Restore Function – If you have a damaged tooth, you know that it is a constant reminder that there’s a problem. It hurts to eat many of your favorite foods because other teeth are doing all the work. A high-quality crown relieves undue pain or discomfort by restoring function to the natural tooth.
- Porcelain Crowns Look Natural - There are many materials that can be used for crowns, but our patients prefer porcelain. This material has the same translucent qualities as natural tooth enamel and can be shaded by your dentist to match your unique smile. The result is a restoration that blends in seamlessly with your smile.
- Crowns Restore Confidence – No one wants to live with damaged teeth. Even if the problem is not obvious, you may feel self-conscious simply because you know something is not right. A well-made porcelain dental crown not only restores function but also improves your appearance and your self-confidence.
Learn More About Your Options for a Healthy Smile
For more information please call the crowns dentist in Troy to learn more about porcelain crowns and your many other options for dental treatment. We will take the time to review your situation and provide you with all the appropriate options.
Our team looks forward to meeting you in person and helping you achieve the best possible dental care results.
How Cavities Form
Tooth enamel is made of minerals, and cavities are caused by a process known as demineralization. This occurs when the enamel on your tooth comes in contact with sweet foods and drinks. Waste products created by bacteria as it consumes these sugars contain the acids that cause demineralization. When these acids remain on the teeth they start producing tooth decay within minutes.
Most of us have experienced
• Poor oral hygiene
• Consuming acidic foods and drinks
• Dry mouth or low saliva production
• Acid reflux disease (GERD), or heartburn.
Signs That a Cavity is Developing
If you experience sensitivity when eating hot, cold or sweet foods and drinks you may have dental erosion. Also, yellowing of the enamel indicates that it is thinning and exposing the yellow dentin beneath. Dental erosion can literally destroy your teeth over time if not addressed by your family dentist. If it reaches this point, tooth extraction and costly dental prosthetics may be necessary.
Please Call Us for An Appointment
Diligent oral hygiene habits and regular visits to your general dentist are the best defense against the destruction caused by dental erosion. Your Troy, OH family dentist is trained to detect signs of dental erosion and take the necessary steps to arrest and reverse its damage.
Please call us to arrange an appointment so we can make sure your oral health is protected.
Have you ever wished that you could have a flawless smile – one that lights up a room as soon as you enter? Maybe you’ve even looked longingly at pictures of celebrities and wished you had that “Hollywood smile.”
Chances are good that all those stunning celebrity smiles had a little help from cosmetic dentistry, porcelain veneers in particular. If you’re thinking that your budget can’t handle veneers, you may be pleasantly surprised at the smile transformation your Troy cosmetic dentist can achieve with just a few veneers strategically placed!What Are Porcelain Veneers?
What Can Porcelain Veneers Do for Me?
One of the significant benefits of porcelain veneers is that your cosmetic dentist can use them to correct a wide variety of esthetic dental flaws:
- Mask cracked, chipped, or broken teeth
- Disguise the appearance of crooked teeth
- Cover spaces lefts by gaps between teeth
- Alter the appearance of severely stained or discolored teeth
- Lengthen the appearance of teeth
Do Porcelain Veneers Look Natural?
Porcelain veneers are not only versatile, but they blend in perfectly with your natural teeth. The translucent quality of porcelain makes them an excellent choice for a cosmetic dental treatment that is flawless and looks just like your natural teeth – only better! In fact, chances are that no one will notice you’ve had any work done!
Contact our Office Today for More Information
Are you tired of living with a smile that is less than perfect? If you’re ready to take the step to finally enjoy the smile of your dreams, please contact our Troy cosmetic dentist today. We would love to meet you and work with you to see if porcelain veneers are the right choice for your lifestyle and budget.
- Tooth Decay – What It Is, How It Starts, and How You Can Prevent It by the Troy, OH Family Dentist
- The Troy, OH Family Dentistry Describes What Happens During a Dental Exam and Cleaning
- Take Control of Your Dental Anxiety with Sedation Dentistry in Troy, OH
- The Troy Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Teeth Whitening
- 4 Reasons Why A Dental Bridge is a Good Choice Shared by the Troy Family Dentist
- Avoid These 4 Foods to Keep Your Smile Healthy During the Holidays
- What’s the Secret to Excellent Oral Health? The Troy, OH Dentist Talks About the Importance of Family Dentistry
- The Troy Cosmetic Dentist Explains a Conservative Smile Makeover Option
- The Troy, OH Family Dentist Explains How to Achieve Oral Health through Prevention
- Would You Like to Change Your Smile? Laser Gum Contouring by the Troy Cosmetic Dentist May Be the Answer!
$1 Welcome Exam or Half Price Teeth Whitening
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...
About Our Dentists
Our dentists are highly skilled and educated. They pursue continuing education with some of the leading dental clinicians in the world to enable them to provide exceptional care.