Do You Want Your Dentures to Look Beautiful Every Day?
Follow These Steps To Keep Your New Smile Bright and Beautiful!
Caring for your dentures is not too different from caring for your natural teeth. It’s all about forming good habits! You’ve heard many of them for years. “Brush everyday!” “Don’t forget the gums!” Here are all the steps you need to know just how to do it:
- Brush Everyday. Your dentures are just like your natural teeth! They need to be brushed and rinsed everyday to remove food and plaque buildup. You will find at your pharmacy a toothbrush that is specifically designed for dentures. These brushes are strong enough to remove stains, but are gentle on your dentures and will not damage or wear them down. Brush the entire denture, taking care not to bend attachments. You can brush your denture in the morning and in the evening, but should be sure to rinse them after every meal.
- Use a Denture Cleaner. Always use a gentle cleaner for your denture. I recommend using any product that has the American Dental Association (ADA) seal of approval. You can also use mild dishwashing or hand soap. But be sure not to use bleach or any other abrasive cleaner.
- Overnight Soak. Anytime you remove your dentures, you will want to keep them moist so that they retain their shape and do not dry out. When going to bed at night, soak your dentures in a small dish with warm (but not hot!) water. You can also add your denture cleanser and allow your dentures to clean overnight.
- Always Handle With Care! You want to avoid dropping your dentures, so hold them over the sink full of water, a bowl, or counter with a soft towel underneath.
- Don’t Forget Your Mouth. Taking care of your mouth is just as important as taking care of your new dentures. You will want to brush you gums and your tongue to remove plaque that can gather there and keep your mouth healthy and germ free. Massage your gums with your toothbrush in order to generate circulation and healthy activity.
Long term Care
After you receive your new dentures, you will continue to come in for visits every six months for a checkup. We will give your teeth a professional cleaning and examine your mouth to be sure your gums are healthy. Be sure to contact us if you experience any cracks, breaks or chips in your dentures. We will repair it right away. And you can always come in anytime that you have any concerns about your fit.
If you need a free demonstration on how to care for your dentures, or want to schedule a professional cleaning, just click here to make an appointment with my office.
Next week we are going to go over the cost of dentures and the process that you will take when you come in for your new denture fitting. You will be surprised to find out how easy it is!
Patient Success Stories
What Our Patients Are Saying
First class operation; (they show) sincerity, knowledge, professionalism. The staff works together as a team and I notice they all like each other & support each other.
— Suzie C.
By far the best place i have ever been to. Dr jones dr stevens and jen r are beyond amazing. The staff there is top notch. The service here is top notch. I wouldnt even consider going anywhere else. This place these people are changing my life. I domt even know how i could ever thank them enough
— Rebecca pence
I have been to other dentists and I was not impressed at all with the office and their staff. I really enjoy coming here the doctors and staff are wonderful! Thanks for everything you do for my family and myself!!